We are located on the coast north of Rome at kilometer 30 of via Aurelia, in a rural landscape of charm and beauty.
Il Borgo di Palidoro is a site dating back to 1500, whose buildings were owned by the family of Muti and transferred later to the sister of Pope Sixtus V.
The name comes from the Latin word paritorium (ruin) and is attributable to the remains of a Roman bridge two arches on which was erected a castle, of which there are traces from Fifteenth century.
In 1900 the village's property passes to the Hospital of Santo Spirito in Sassia who turns it into a prosperous farm.
The village still retains the original structure with the presence of a cylindrical tower and strongholds, visible on the corners of one of the buildings.
Visible in the center of the square the monumental Church of Saints Philip and James, built on the remains of a structure built in 1700 during the pontificate of Pius VI.
The façade has a classic style with its imposing central window and door is surmounted a big shield on which are carved the insignia of Pope Pius VI.
On certain sections of the square and the streets of the village you can still see the original bricks on the floor.
The Interior of the Church consists of a nave with a vaulted ceilingmarked along the perimeter by elegant pilasters.
The painting, commissioned by commander of Hospital of Santo Spirito Monsignor Francesco degli Albizzi It was built in 1788 by the painter Antonio Cavallucci from Sermoneta.
In the presbytery, protected by a balustrade decorated with double cross emblem of the Hospital of Santo Spirito, there is the valuable marble altar dominated by altarpiece depicting the The Holy Spirit descended upon the Saints James and Philip.
This place still is a focal point for travelers along the via Aurelia and is one of the best preserved in this area.
Words and video of Giuseppe Conzo